Job title: Legal support Officer
Place of work: Online
Works with Operations, Sales/Marketing Team
Job Summary: The Legal Support Officer is responsible for monitoring all legal affairs within the organization. He/ she handles all legal concerns, and is tasked with doing everything right to ensure that the Company is legally compliant and up to date with laws and policies as it relates to the Company’s business.
Duties & Responsibilities: Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Always stay abreast of and updated with current status, laws, and policies that relate to all Operations/Visa application and admissions processes. That is, to constantly keep in touch with new or reformed policies, as it relates to the processes in the businesses being treated per time.
- Drafting of legal documents and legal research
- Ensure compliance with Immigration laws
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, best practices, and regulatory requirements to ensure that the organization remains competitive and compliant.
- To prepare, proofread or edit contracts and drafts
- Prepare and process legal documents through research, precedents, and written and verbal instructions.
- Prepare corporate resolutions and review leases, titles, surveys, loan documentation, and other transaction documents
- Review documents with clients and process documentation for signing, once all issues have been resolved, ensuring proper documentation of agreements.
- Carries out all secretarial, and administrative functions that are legally related
- Legal advisory
- And any other duties that may be assigned to you.
- Bachelor of Law
- At least 2 years practice experience, post Bar.
Skill /competencies required:
- Strong knowledge of Canadian immigration processes (as an added advantage)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills.
- High sense of confidentiality and professional ethics
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, etc.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible and highly adaptable
- Adept Letter and document writing
- Ability to handle clients’ enquiries, concerns, and instructions.
- Ability to work effectively in a team language language
Language skills required: Advanced level Proficiency in English language and one Nigerian local language.